The Chronicles of Birdia Part 4
So, it has been raining yesterday and today... but tucked safely away in a corner of a concrete building, a nest, a home made of twigs and roots, stay high and dry.
The mother has been sitting in the nest for the better part of the day. And the daddy, perched high on the branches of a nearby tree, enduring the piercing pain from the arrows of raindrops, shooting down from the heavens above.
This is a touching scene, as everyone plays their part. Hatching and guarding the future generation. That's the norm of the animal kingdom. If only our women learn to sit in the nest more...our men will surely safeguard her and her children? Probably... we will never know. But I won't mind sitting on the nest, at least I will be dry:P
In a rare moment, the mother left her nest for a flyabout...she has learnt to co-exist with me. Acknowledging me as part of the family. Well, I am the grandpa, aint I?
I 'hatched' the burning plot that was on my mind since day one... Hehehe, I took all them eggs out of the nest! One by one, I put them on a ruler and measured them...

Huh? five eggs? Hmm... did I not tell you about the fifth egg yet? Oh ok... YES! ANOTHER EGG IS LAID! Birthday of EGG FIVE 8th June 2006
Each egg is 2cm long weigh about 10 grams, and all look alike, now I will never know which is my First Grandkid. Well, they will hatch right? The first to hatch will be the first grandkid then.
The mother is outside, staring and glaring at me, for stealing her babies. Relax, I tell her. I am not about to fry them yet. So shrill is her screeching I think my eardrums will burst. I am getting worried... Will she peck me or scratch me? Regardless, I have taken the measurements, so back into the nest they go.
Immediately, the mother swooped into the nest, counting the eggs and then sit on them once more. Whew, that was close, she said... ermmm... she didnt really say, I said...
The mother has been sitting in the nest for the better part of the day. And the daddy, perched high on the branches of a nearby tree, enduring the piercing pain from the arrows of raindrops, shooting down from the heavens above.
This is a touching scene, as everyone plays their part. Hatching and guarding the future generation. That's the norm of the animal kingdom. If only our women learn to sit in the nest more...our men will surely safeguard her and her children? Probably... we will never know. But I won't mind sitting on the nest, at least I will be dry:P
In a rare moment, the mother left her nest for a flyabout...she has learnt to co-exist with me. Acknowledging me as part of the family. Well, I am the grandpa, aint I?
I 'hatched' the burning plot that was on my mind since day one... Hehehe, I took all them eggs out of the nest! One by one, I put them on a ruler and measured them...

Huh? five eggs? Hmm... did I not tell you about the fifth egg yet? Oh ok... YES! ANOTHER EGG IS LAID! Birthday of EGG FIVE 8th June 2006
Each egg is 2cm long weigh about 10 grams, and all look alike, now I will never know which is my First Grandkid. Well, they will hatch right? The first to hatch will be the first grandkid then.
The mother is outside, staring and glaring at me, for stealing her babies. Relax, I tell her. I am not about to fry them yet. So shrill is her screeching I think my eardrums will burst. I am getting worried... Will she peck me or scratch me? Regardless, I have taken the measurements, so back into the nest they go.
Immediately, the mother swooped into the nest, counting the eggs and then sit on them once more. Whew, that was close, she said... ermmm... she didnt really say, I said...
Guess there won't be more eggs, as the nest looks full. It's incubation time from now on. Will keep posting once there are further developments. Meanwhile, I'm off to my eggs and toast. Chicken eggs, not bird eggs...









1 Comments:
At 12:13 am,
Anonymous said…
Heh, chicken,duck or goose's eggs, they are bird's eggs too.Of these eggs, only one get to become an adult, if nature permit or the mom bird can manage.The rest are just spare, enjoy ur eggs and I assured u that there won't be any more egg in the basket.
Post a Comment
<< Home