Yadda Yadda

Every stroke and every dot is living proof of our existence. How we justify it is another matter altogether...

SHOP.COM

Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Chronicles of Birdia Part 3

How time flies... We are now into the 4th day of the Chonicles of Birdia. Hehe, everything's doing fine, the mother's doing well too.

This morning, when I went to see them, the babies, erm,... the eggs I mean, I was shocked to see the mother sitting there. Staring back at me. Ha! The truth is out, them eggs do need to be incubated. Hahaha, what was I thinking? That they will hatch by themselves? Like some roach egg? These are full warm blooded birds we are talking about... Hello!

MOMMY IN NEST

Back to the part when I looked at the nest, and the mommy birdie stared back at me. I felt so warm and comforted. So blissful, this feeling is beyond description. With her in the nest, it means it is done, the laying of the eggs. Now it is hatching time...

But wait... she needs to take a leak, I guess, and flew off the nest. Lo and behold! EGG NUMBER FOUR! WOWEE!!!! Was she laying the egg, when she stared at me, or was she hatching the eggs? Back to square one again... No conclusive study on the hatching method. Birthday of EGG FOUR 7th June 2006

Birdnest v1.40

The anticipation of 4 hatched birdlings, birdlets, birdpoles, birdfants, whatever you call them, is growing each day. Me, grandpa to 4 kids:)) Just wonder if they will return next summer to lay more eggs? Maybe baby birds are called chicks? Chicklets, chicklings, chickpoles, chickfants?

If only these were swallows making birds nest...if only...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home