It's the time of the Year!
Wow, this is Discovery Channel 'live'. It may be a daily affair to some of you, but to a city dweller like me, this is most unusual.
White Wagtail
Around 2 weeks ago, a pair of birds, now identified as the White Wagtail, we seen playing, or mating? outside my toilet window. Last week, to my horror and surprise! There was a nest built in the crack between my toilet window and the grill. I waited for a week, nothing happened. And suddenly, I was worried about the bird crap and noise and feathers that will pollute my house.
That prompted me to do the inevitable. CLEAN UP! I took the nest and trashed it, vacuumed the place and disinfected it....THREE TIMES... because everytime I cleaned it up, a new nest will be there the very next morning. Since then, I left it alone. Waiting anxiously now, to welcome the new birth to the household... well, technically, it is 'outside' the household. hehe, doesnt matter ... we're family now.
White WagtailAround 2 weeks ago, a pair of birds, now identified as the White Wagtail, we seen playing, or mating? outside my toilet window. Last week, to my horror and surprise! There was a nest built in the crack between my toilet window and the grill. I waited for a week, nothing happened. And suddenly, I was worried about the bird crap and noise and feathers that will pollute my house.
That prompted me to do the inevitable. CLEAN UP! I took the nest and trashed it, vacuumed the place and disinfected it....THREE TIMES... because everytime I cleaned it up, a new nest will be there the very next morning. Since then, I left it alone. Waiting anxiously now, to welcome the new birth to the household... well, technically, it is 'outside' the household. hehe, doesnt matter ... we're family now.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home