Pasta La Pizza, Baby!
That's to corrupt Arnie's phrase in Terminator 2 with some corrupt Italian of the same... hehe
Well, I have to write this, becos I had the best pizza in my entire mediocre life on monday! Service is pretty typical of all italian restaurants. They leave you alone till you are ready.
The serving of Sambvca was generous, the coffee beans offered was generous, I mean. An entire saucer of it! The menu was totally unnecessary, as I never liked the idea of letting the restaurants dictate my choice of food. And true enough, as with most italian restaurants, I was able to have my way.
The insalata(salad) was Caprese. That's all I want for salad man! Not some greens and reds and yellows tossed in balsamic vinegar... I have that when I have my other cuisines, not Italian! The tomatoes were sweet and succulent. Mozarella was chewy and the basil... simply aromatic, lah!
Then suddenly, my mate Liow and I, realised that we lacked bread. Ask and you will receive, JC said. Lo and behold, bread, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil appeared within the minute! While we were savouring the bread with oil and vinegar, there was time to survey the surroundings.
Right in front of me was the most beautiful pizza oven i have ever seen! Hahaha... The picture will tell you why.

The Osso Buco was beyond description! Osso buco is a regional dish from Piedmont, I was told. Osso buco translates literally to "bone hole", a reference to the marrow which gives the dish its distinctive flavour and body. Traditionally, a veal shank is used in this dish. Other staples include white wine, broth or stock, and aromatics. And ours was served with risotto, rice lah!
Pizza? Cant really call it a pizza, becos there is no way we could eat it like pizza. There is the pizza base, ok, 8 inch and all. Generous spread of rocket, then topped with huge shavings of PARMA HAM, WOOHOO~. I hate rocket! Bitter and taste like burnt rubber! EEEEWWW... but had to eat it anyway. It was there right?
So we proceeded to disect the 'pizza'. Take some ham, take some rocket(eeww), then take a slice of pizza base. Try putting the stuff back onto the pizza, and savour the flavor of parma ham. The experience was simply heaven...(so long as we try to forget the rocket)
So, we came, we ate, and we left, after a good 2 hours.
Divine...guess I was a Franco-italian in my previous life...
Well, I have to write this, becos I had the best pizza in my entire mediocre life on monday! Service is pretty typical of all italian restaurants. They leave you alone till you are ready.
The serving of Sambvca was generous, the coffee beans offered was generous, I mean. An entire saucer of it! The menu was totally unnecessary, as I never liked the idea of letting the restaurants dictate my choice of food. And true enough, as with most italian restaurants, I was able to have my way.
The insalata(salad) was Caprese. That's all I want for salad man! Not some greens and reds and yellows tossed in balsamic vinegar... I have that when I have my other cuisines, not Italian! The tomatoes were sweet and succulent. Mozarella was chewy and the basil... simply aromatic, lah!
Then suddenly, my mate Liow and I, realised that we lacked bread. Ask and you will receive, JC said. Lo and behold, bread, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil appeared within the minute! While we were savouring the bread with oil and vinegar, there was time to survey the surroundings.
Right in front of me was the most beautiful pizza oven i have ever seen! Hahaha... The picture will tell you why.

The Osso Buco was beyond description! Osso buco is a regional dish from Piedmont, I was told. Osso buco translates literally to "bone hole", a reference to the marrow which gives the dish its distinctive flavour and body. Traditionally, a veal shank is used in this dish. Other staples include white wine, broth or stock, and aromatics. And ours was served with risotto, rice lah!
Pizza? Cant really call it a pizza, becos there is no way we could eat it like pizza. There is the pizza base, ok, 8 inch and all. Generous spread of rocket, then topped with huge shavings of PARMA HAM, WOOHOO~. I hate rocket! Bitter and taste like burnt rubber! EEEEWWW... but had to eat it anyway. It was there right?
So we proceeded to disect the 'pizza'. Take some ham, take some rocket(eeww), then take a slice of pizza base. Try putting the stuff back onto the pizza, and savour the flavor of parma ham. The experience was simply heaven...(so long as we try to forget the rocket)
So, we came, we ate, and we left, after a good 2 hours.
Divine...guess I was a Franco-italian in my previous life...








2 Comments:
At 6:45 pm,
Anonymous said…
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
At 4:35 pm,
Anonymous said…
Hehehehe.... was it a good meal ? No doubt about it !
But, where is the restaurant ?
Parma ham tasted like Chinese's 'Lap Cheong" easily accepyable by most "lap Cheong" eater!as for the "Rocket", these were good & healthy stuuf yuo'know.
Pls write more about this !
Post a Comment
<< Home